20040310: URGENT: disk space /var/data/ldm/gempak (fwd)

Bill,

Sorry I missed this. Your original message was sent to
support-mcidas@unidata, so I didn't see it in relation
to LDM/GEMPAK.

The LDM distribution has a  scour program (invoked through
"ldmadmin scour" in your crontab such as:
# Scour data directory
0 1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22 * * * bin/ldmadmin scour > /dev/null 2>&1

The program uses a configuration file under LDMHOME/etc/scour.conf
that allows you to specify a time duration and directory tree.
You can use this to specify for example:
# Directory                     Days-old
~ldm/data/gempak                   14

I also provide a utility in GEMPAK for rotating and scouring
the GEMPAK decoder logs (created under $GEMDATA/logs).

I use the crontab entry::
# rotate GEMPAK logs
0 17 * * * util/dcrotatelog.csh >/dev/null 2>&1

The dcrotatelog.csh script is distributed with GEMPAK in
the $NAWIPS/bin/scripts directory.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport