20040319: sfedit parm error

David,

Your PARM line in the ascii input file must match the
parameters you are specifying in the SFCFIL program (either
through the SFPRMF list of parameters or packing file),
and the number of parms should agree with the number
of parameters in each line.

SPED is a valid surface parameter, as is PRES. What is your
SFPRMF input?  If you are using a packing file without those
specific parameters, then that is your problem.

If you are still confused, please show a sample
(top 10 lines or so) of your ascii input file and your
parameter settings in sfcfil / sfedit.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support