20040420: 20040319: Gempak - Solaris 8 - decoding drops with dcuair

Megan,

You are decoding each of the drops100x.txt to the same test.gem file, which
only has 24 times allowed in it. The confusion is that I meant to merge the
decoded content from three separate files into a new created file (actually
using the SNMOD program) created with SNCFIL to allow more than 24 times.

You should be able to do the following:

dcuair -c 021004/0000 -b 2000 -m 24 -a 2000 test1.gem < drops1001.txt
dcuair -c 021004/0000 -b 2000 -m 24 -a 2000 test2.gem < drops1002.txt
dcuair -c 021004/0000 -b 2000 -m 24 -a 2000 test3.gem < drops1003.txt

You can ignore the "-p snmerg.pack" as it is the default.

Then, create a new sounding file with SNCFIL:
 SNOUTF   = testmerg.gem
 SNPRMF   =
 STNFIL   =
 MRGDAT   = no
 TIMSTN   = 200/2000
 GEMPAK-SNCFIL>r

 SNCFIL PARAMETERS:

 New sounding file:     testmerg.gem

 Station file:

 Number of stations in STNFIL:       0
 Number of additional stations:   2000
 Total number of stations:        2000
 Total number of times:            200

 This file will be an unmerged sounding file containing
 mandatory and significant data below and above 100 mb.

Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:
 Parameters requested: SNOUTF,SNPRMF,STNFIL,MRGDAT,TIMSTN.
 GEMPAK-SNCFIL>

Again here, the SNPRMF is blank and will use the snmerg.pack file.
Note that these are unmerged files from the decoder.

Now use SNMOD to copy over each existing file into the new testmer.gem file

 SNFILE   = test1.gem
 SNOUTF   = testmerg.gem
 SNPARM   = dset
 AREA     = dset
 DATTIM   = all
 LEVELS   = all
 VCOORD   = pres
 TIMSTN   = 200/2000
 MRGDAT   = no
 IDNTYP   = stnm
 GEMPAK-SNMOD>r

 <stuff>

 SNFILE = test2.gem
 GEMPAK-SNMOD>r

 <stuff>

 SNFILE = test3.gem
GEMPAK-SNMOD>r

 <stuff>

At this point, you should be able to use your combined
file as merged or unmerged in SNLISt etc.

Steve CHiswell