RE: 20040429: GDPROF Method

Ohhhh!!!  But wait I didn't say "Final Answer"!  I meant the latter!!

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Unidata Support [mailto:address@hidden]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 2:54 PM
To: Patrick O'Reilly
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: 20040429: GDPROF Method

Patrick,

The latter. The gdprof routine gdpdta.f calls dgcxtp.f
and will get the lat/lon and real value row/colum of the gpoint (eg
not limited to integer i,j locations), which in turn is
used in the call to $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/gr/grintp.f which
performs a bilinear interpolation from the grid point values to the
gpoint location.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support.

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I searched the archives high and low, maybe I missed it, but all I wanted
>know was when you draw a profile using GDPROF, and specify station or
>lat/lon, does the program draw the profile at the nearest grid point, or
>does it interpolate to the exact location you specify.  I am guessing the
>former. Thanks!
>
>Patrick
>Patrick O'Reilly
>Meteorological Decision Support Scientist
>The STORM Project at UNI
>address@hidden    319-273-3789
>http://www.uni.edu/storm
>
>"No trees were killed in the making of this e-mail...however,
> a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced."

<
<
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
<
<
<
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support