20040505: Nexrad Level-III Plotting Question

Steve,

The problem with using the polar stereographic projection I believe
is that projection defines the projection point as the opposite
side of the globe (eg south pole for a north pole tangent plane).
Objects on the plane are located to the earth from the ray passing from
the oposite point on the earth from the tangent point and extending to
intersect the tangent plane.

GEMPAK is using a special case of a satellite projection for viewing the
raster image on the plane.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support