Re: 20040516: Error in using interactive gempak programs

Thanks... I did it the hard way but I'll try to remember the easy way next time!

gerry

Steve Chiswell wrote:
Gerry,

When you recieve errors with message queue, its likely t hat you have
gplt and device drivers that weren't shut down with gpend (either
interactively, or in one of your crons).

The command "cleanup -c" runs a script in $NAWIPS/bin/scripts to automate
the process, but you can accomplish  the same with finding the process IDs
of gplt, xw, gf etc using "/bin/ps -eaf" and killing those,
and then using the "ipcs" cammand to list open
message queues and remove them with the "ipcrm" command.

The cleanup script mentioned above tries to automate the process,
but since the /bin/ps output format varies so much between different
systems, you may have to do it manually as above.

Steve CHiswell
Unidata User Support