20040525: GEMPAK and Macintosh OS X

The NETBSD OS has the hooks. Apple has just chosen not to implement them
at this point in time. Message queues and interprocess communications
(msg.h and ipc.h) are System V features.

Cygwin for windows has a separate IPC daemon client to run that serves
to support these features (though somewhat slowly since it is an
application).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support