20040526: Gempak - Reed Hat Linux - Exporting the GDATTIM Variable (Gempak)

Mark,

You can redirect the output of a gempak program to a file, and parse that
output.
eg from a script using:
gdplot2 << EOF > prognam.$$
DEVICE = gif|outfile.$$

EOF

Then rename the gif file (outfile.$$) to something relevant after
parsing the prognam.$$ output.

Otherwise, there isn't a convenient way to specify the filename using a template
that gets replaced within GEMPAK.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support