20040607: Nmap2 requests

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 15:27, Michael Maxwell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1) Can gif image output be added directly to NMAP2? I want to make web
> graphics with the objects like fronts on the image and radar data

GIF screen shots of can be accomplished with many available
programs (such as the import command in Imagemagick) as
an alternative to available postscript output, or converting postscript
files to other formats. You can also display VGF output in GPMAP and
send the output to a gif file.

> .
>
> 2) Can city plots be added to the map section? Such as all towns, even
> without observation stations. I am talking about the towns that the mouse
> over shows in the lower right hand corner that shows the towns the mouse
> is over. I want to plot those locations on the map.

You can add cities.tbl to $GEMTBL/nmap/mapovl.nmap, although there is no
facility to filter. Rather, you would want to create appropriate
subsets based on typical view regions.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support