20040811: ETA GRID OUTPUT

Charles,

You can specify the lat/lon corners in GAREA for the region to be displayed.
The actual model projection is:
PROJ=LCC/25;-95;25
GAREA=12.190;-133.459;57.328;-49.420

which can also be obtained with:
PROJ=LCC/25;-95;25
GAREA=grid

If you use the LCC proj ofthe grid, the rows and columns of the grid will
be straight lines on the map projection.

To enlarge the displayed area in the case of a STR as you describe, you
could use:
proj = str/90;-95;0
garea = 7.8;-125.0;45.0;-27.2

The easiest was to select the region you desire is to display the image with
GAREA=nam, PROJ=def as you mention, then use the "CURSOR GAREA" command
to draw a rubber band box and get the GAREA that way.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport