20040906: Gempak - New install - parameter file cannot be opened

Paul,

your error indicates that $GEMPDF is not set to the correct value.
It should be set to $GEMPAK/pdf (aka $NAWIPS/gempak/pdf) after sourceing
the Gemenviron.profile.

I seem to recall some time ago that one of the export lines in
Gemenviron.profile
was missing.

Check your GEMPDF setting and verify that the Gemenviron.profile has each
GEMAPK variable exported as:
<snip>
#
# Remaining directories used by GEMPAK  (leave as is):
#
   GEMPDF=$GEMPAK/pdf
   export GEMPDF
   GEMTBL=$GEMPAK/tables