20040912: decoding CPTEC's grib with dcgrib2

Waldenio,

For GRIB decoding, you need to define your center ID in
$GEMTBL/grid/cntrgrib1.tbl, which should be your unique
modeling center id number, and the text string that GEMPAK
will use to look up the locally defined parameter tables
for parameter numbers in the 128-255 range.

The center ID string should be used to create file names
in $GEMTBL/grid/"CENTER_ID"grib"table_number".tbl to
contain the GEMPAK variable names for your
center's locally defined parameters. For example,
if you define the cntrgrib1.tbl id for your
model center number with CPTEC, then
you should provide files $GEMTBL/grid/cptecgribX.tbl
(where X is the table version for the grib you are producing).

If you can provide me back with the PDS model center, table version
and your locally defined parameters, I can add them to our
GEMPAK distribution.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support