20040924: Problem with gpnexr2 plot

Steve,

I didn't know there were three scans around the half degree elevation.
I wasn't previously unaware of the option "TILT=list" to view the table
for elevations in the given level II file. Now the images make sense.
Thanks!

James

>James,
>
>The velocity couplet actually display quite differently as tilt angle is
>varied.
>The 2230 file I have shows available velocity tilts as:
>
>TILT=list
> 2: elev 0.490581
> 3: elev 0.489972
> 4: elev 0.483398
> 6: elev 1.494262
> 7: elev 1.497549
> 8: elev 1.498645
> 9: elev 2.389282
>10: elev 2.373047
>11: elev 2.381081
>12: elev 3.394079
>13: elev 3.390137
>14: elev 3.388658
>15: elev 4.274471
>16: elev 4.262695
>17: elev 5.988945
>18: elev 9.900442
>19: elev 14.601773
>20: elev 19.509041
>

>When I use TILT=.483398 (eg the lowest), I get your plot.
>
>When I use TILT=.489972, the green is just a small portion,
>and when I go to .490581 the green is gone.
>
>So, that seems to be the data that is realy in the file,
>and seems to be consistent in that it doesn't just disappear
>from one tilt to the next, but there is some trending upward.
>
>Have you investigated this through various levels at the times before
>and after the 2230Z frame?
>
>Steve Chiswell
>Unidata User Support.

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

   e-mail:  address@hidden