20041019: processing of ldm data

>From: address@hidden

Ying,

>I've received data via ldm successfully. Now the question is how to
>process the data format?

The Unidata expert and primary support contact for GEMPAK in Unidata
is conducting the GEMPAK training workshop this week.  Since we are
streaming the workshop materials, you may want to take advantage
by watching his presentation:

http://webcast.unidata.ucar.edu/ramgen/broadcast/workshop/workshop.rm

Please note that this will require the latest version of RealPlayer to
watch.

>Certainly I can use Gempak. But Gempak seems
>only transform to .gif plus it can not batch process a bunch of files.

Both of these observations are incorrect.

>If possible, I would like to write a program to do the automatic format
>transformation job.  Could you provide any clue about this?

Format transformation into what format(s)?

>I can not
>find much information about the data formats. Do they vary a lot
>according to different data products? For example, how to process GOES
>data?

This is difficult to answer without knowing what kind of processing
you have in mind.

>Or can I call gempak function to make the coding easier?

???

>Thanks a lot and have a good day,

Steve will be able to provide better responses to your inquiry after
he finishes with his GEMPAK training workshop.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas