20041020: processing of ldm data (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Hi Ying,

>Thanks for your reply.

No worries.

>I'm watching the vedio now, it's excellent. Could you keep this somewhere
>online so that I can review it and catch up the big part I missed?

Our intention is to keep all workshop streams online for one year.

>What I want to achieve is:
>As soon as the new data is avaiable on my side, it can be saved in either
>binary or ASCII format automatically.

This is best done through an LDM pqact.conf action.  As soon as a product
is received, kick off an action out of pqact.conf saving the data in the
way(s) you want.

>Thus we can analyse these data if without GEMPAK.

I understand.

>When I use GARP and click File --> save, the only choice is to save as .gif
>file, and the resolution is lost.

Now I understand.  In GARP and NMAP2 you are saving the display of data,
not the data itself.

>Are there better ways to save in other format, while keeping the resolution?

Are you talking about saving a display of data?  If yes, what display(s).

>Thank you and greetings on the workshop!

Sorry I can't be of more expert help, but Chiz is the best person to
answer your questions.