2004102: vertical derivatives in GEMPAK?

David,

LDF(s) will give you the layer difference where
you specify GLEVEL=level1:level2, and as
appropriate GVCORD=pres. This is the
equivalent of SUB(s1@level1,s2@level2).
If your vertical layer "delta-p" is reasonably small,
then you would be approaching D()/DP.

Steve Chiswell