20041210: Compiling GEMPAK 5.7.3 & .4 on SGI IRIX

Bill,

My desktop machine is an SGI octane2 running IRIX 6.5.25.m
and I do primary development there and compile GEMPAK almost daily.

I'd have to see your make.out information to get a handle on the error
you are seeing, but I'll suggest the following:
Make sure you are using SGI's make:
% which make
/usr/bin/make

If you are using something else, the make sure /usr/bin ins in you path
ahead of any other make programs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support