Updated Canadian station ID's

Hi...

We've noticed several Canadian station ID's that appear to have been changed location/ID but are not reflected in the GEMPAK tables:

       71062 was WHS but is now XVG Violet Grove Alberta
       71493 was ??? but is now APR Parrsboro Nova Scotia
       71060 was ??? but is now XND Nordegg Alberta
       71023 was XWB but is now WHN Jimmy Lake Saskatchewan

Perhaps these could be updated for the next release of GEMPAK if they haven't been already. We found this information on the internet by searching the synoptic number ID's (e.g. "71062 synoptic") which returns a link to EC. The stations show up as "hot spots" on the surface plots.

                               Thanks.

Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology
email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563