20041213: quikscat data

Bill,

The GEMPAK web site is a good place to start:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/index.html

The "Download Software" line will take to to the download portal
where you can obtain the latest GEMPAK release.

For installation instructions, see the GEMPAK5.7 Installation guide
link.

There are basiacally 2 possibilities"
1) You can use on of the binary distributions if you are running
Linux, Freebsd, or Solaris.

2) you can build the distribution from source if you are using
one of the other supported platfoems such as IRIX, AIX, OSF/1, HPUX.

After installing GEMPAK5.7.4, you would need to obtain the BUFR
format QuikSCAT products from NOAAPORT, which is what Stan
was referring to. These data are available from our LDM/IDD data feed
(under the HRS feedtype). If you need to set up an LDM node,
please let address@hidden know.

The LDM pattern action to store the QuikSCAT BUFR data is shown at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/examples/QuikSCAT/

As always, feel free to send support questions to
address@hidden

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support
address@hidden