20041213: Using NAGRIB on grid #221

Luis,

Apparently one of the GRIB products you have is using
a table 131. Using the GBDIAG parameter for PDS would show
you which parameter numbers are beingused for the table 131.

The NWS site that provides the NWS local table definitions does
not show any updates past table 130:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/table2.html

However I do find that NCDC references table 131 for reanalysis
data rather than the current tables 2, 3, 129 and 130 that we see
for realtime data::
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/documentlibrary/pdf/tddoc/td6175.pdf

If you file is reanalysis data, then that document will direct you to
the parameter definitions that you would need to create the 131 version
tables for your data set::
ftp://wesley.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/wgrib/nceptab_131
I tried that ftp site this morning and didn't get connected, so you'd
have to verify that information yourself.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport