Question about piping data to gpmap

I found an error in the script, I had neglected to source the .cshrc

file in my home directory, which is why the program wouldn't run via crontab, or through the pqact. It runs fine via crontab w/o error now. I am logged in with X running on my machine, so I don't think the DISPLAY will be too much of a problem, as is evident by it running through crontab. However, my intent is for it to run upon receipt of data as it comes in. Is this pqact entry correct to get this script to run? Also, how would I pipe the output of this section to a log file to see what's happening exactly when data comes in?

NEXRAD  ^SDUS[2357]. KEAX ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(N0R)(N0V)
      EXEC    /home/dan/nexradgif.csh
      -d      /home/dan/nexrad.log

And one other thing, assuming I modify the nexradgif.csh to accept an argument of N0R or N0V, depending upon what's coming in, how do I include that in the pqact file? The pqact entry that filters the data to the appropriate directories looks like this..

NEXRAD  ^SDUS[2357]. KEAX ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(...)(...)
      FILE    -close  /data/ldm/NIDS/\5/\4/\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3

so would I pass an argument like /home/dan/nexradgif.csh \4 ? The data resides in a directory called /data/ldm/NIDS/EAX/N0R...and it would appear that \4 correlates with N0R...

Dan

Unidata Support wrote:

Dan,

Your plotting script calls /home/dan/test.csh which you haven't included,
but I'm assuming its purpose is tread the radar data from stardard input
of the script and write it out to the appropriate file. Otherwise, use EXEC instead of PIPE if the script isn't going to read the data
from the PIPE.

Since your process being invoked by the LDM probably isn't allowed to
display to your X server, your DISPLAY to localhost:0 won't accept the
gf driver connection unless your X server is logged in to, and have run
xhost to allow connections from all users on your system.
Solutions here are to use the "gif" device which does not require an X server,
or createa virtual X server using Xvfb and use that as the display to draw to.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support