20050207: NMAP upper air case study data

>From: Michael Brennan <address@hidden>

>Hi Steve et al.,
>
>We have a case study that we are analyzing, and we've been able to view
>all the data (surface, model, etc.) in NMAP2 successfully except the
>upper air data.  The environmental variable is defined as
>
>UAIR         $GEMDATA/upperair
>
>And we have the upper-air files in the correct place and the file-naming
>convention looks OK.  Is there something else we need to change?
>
>Thanks!
>-Mike

Mike,

I'm assuming your files are $GEMDATA/upperair/YYYYMMDD_upa.gem

That will be the template that $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl is using
for UAIR. If you have hourly upper air files instead of daily, then
the template would have to be changed (or the hourly files merged
into daily files).

Other than that, are you seeing times on the timeline, or a blank
time line? Have you set the reference time in the data selection widget?
This is shown at the bottom of the page at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/nmap_data.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support