20050510: glibc problem for Linux binaries of GEMPAK 5.8.1

David,

My 5.8.1 Linux binaries are compiled under Fedora Core 3 (2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp).
The /lib/libc.so.6 has:
/lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.5.so

% strings libc-2.3.5.so | grep GLIBC
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.1.3
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.1
GLIBC_2.2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.4
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_PRIVATE

you may be able to update your libc package to a more recent version.
The 5.7.4 binaries I provided were most likely FC1.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support