20050519: Gempak - adding surface parameters

>From: "Thomas Milewski" <address@hidden>

>Institution: McGill University
>Package Version: 5.7.4
>Operating System: Unix
>Hardware Information: fast enough
>Inquiry: I'm trying to produce a meteogram (sfgram) including latent/sensible
> heat fluxes but those parameters are not included in sfparm. How can I add th
> em?

Thomas,

Your data set would have to provide those measurements and store them in the
file.
This is not a parameter that decoded from a standard metar report.

The sensible and latent heat fluxes (FXSH and FXLH) are provided in the RUC
grid #252 and NAM grid #212 grids available through CONDUIT, and could be
interpolated to
station locations using the gdgsfc program.

Steve Chiswell