Re: 20050525: "Broken pipe" error message

Aha!  The file

/home/ldm/gempak-5.6/gempak/tables/pack/msfc.pack

was missing. That 'pack' directory was entirely empty. So I copied over the 'pack' files from another machine we have, and I'll see what happens.

Carl

Unidata Support wrote:

Carl,

Your dcmsfc.log file shows a problem reading your $GEMTBL/pack/msfc.pack
file. In your pqact.conf file, you are setting GEMTBL to be
/home/ldm/gempak-5.6/gempak/tables.

Is the /home/ldm/gempak-5.6/gempak/tables/msfc.pack file readable by the ldm
user
(asking here since if it was installed by a different user with umask not
allowing
the ldm user, that would be a problem). If readable, double check to make sure
it wasn't modified.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support