20050610: gpnexr2: problem with displaying level II data

Karan,

You are running a version of gpnexr2 (5.7.1) before support was added to
read bzip2 format data files, per release notes for 5.7.2p2 at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/whats_new.html#5.7.2p2

Prior to 5.7.2p2, you would need to uncompress the files using dcnexr2, so
if your files have not been uncompressed, you will not be able to view them
in the version of GEMPAK you are using. The current version is 5.8.2a.

Also, TILT in the old release referred to the tilt number, and not the
elevation angle
(which is now the supported format).

The NEXRII alias will be expecting the files to reside under
$RAD/craft/KFSD
and the 2003 files should all have the ARCHIVE2. tag in the initial header of
the data.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support