Re: making filled shapes with MAP/BND in areas outside the US

The supplied bounds tables in $GEMTBL/bounds do not provide
international metadata for filling those regions individually.

The source distribution contains the README file in
$GEMPAK/utilities/bounds/README.maptobnd
which provides information about creating a bounds file
from a VG plotted map file.

Otherwise, if you have a shapefile, it can be converted into a
bound file using shpcv with the -b option (see shpcv -help for
more info).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support