20050810: Question on the side

David,

Your LDM pipe error would be caused by the system not being able to
execute the decoder dcmetr, due to the error which should be the same as
you show in #2. Your system can't find the fortran compatibility
library, so it can't run the programs.

What I need to know is if that is the only missing library on your
system, or if there are a slew of others.

Can you send me the output of "ldd garp" or "ldd nmap2"? If you don't
have the SUNWspro library environment, then we'll have to put those
shared libraries into $GEMLIB for you. Gcc is generally worse to
post binary distributions, since every different version of gcc seems to
need a different set of GLIBC and G2C libraries (that people don't
have)- or compile the distribution locally.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support