20050819: GARP

John,

I checked the current distribution (Garp with GEMPAK 5.8.3a) and see both
highs and lows plotted.

What version and platform are you running? What is the parameter/level/dataset
you are plotting?

The $GARPHOME/fdf/scalar/"dataset"/general directory
contains the configuration for the contour plots, and the "rangeh" and "rangel"
may be prohibiting the plotting of lows depending on your data and what they
are
providing. For example, in the eta211 dataset, MSLPress_mb_Standard_Reduction
defines:
rangeh                  = 1015-1040
rangel                  = 960-1005

From that, you will only see lows plotted if they are in rge range 960 to 1005
mb.
Other "relative lows, such as a 1012 low would not be plotted.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport