20050915: GDTSER and templates GEMPAK 5.8.2a

Charles, I don't know if you can open and search 84 files very fast.
The only other solution is to create a temporary file and use gdmod
to copy selected grids (eg, not all your grids which would be very large)
which you would expect to use for time series in a single file.

If I can thing of a better solution, I'll let you know.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support