20051021: VAD content per ingested file

Neil,

The NIDS Vad Wind product is a graphic, consisting of drawing commands.
It is not data that is being read, but rather drawing commands
that are being rendered.

The graphic is a series of drawing commands that make the time series
graph (including the colors, labels, barbs etc.). The product time in
the WMO header is the time of the product- which is not data at that time, but
rather the graphic that the PUP created.

When a NIDS product has a data screen associated with it, it is actually the
screen commands that render the table on the PUP. I'm just sending the
strings out to the output text, whereas the actual product on the PUP has
a separate screen for the text values.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support