20051102: uppercase gpnids output filenames?

Neil,

The output file name is processed by the GEMLIB routine
$GEMPAK/source/gemlib/in/inoutt.f, so the behavior is
common to all GEMPAK programs.

The problem is that you have mixed uppercase in your file name,
so the porocessing of the filename is converted to uppercase
(I'm assuming an old VMS type of convention).

Try specifying an output file name all in lower case.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support