Re: 20051024: 20051021: Gempak problem.

Unidata Support wrote:
Mark,

Are you using the $MODEL/ data directory structure,
eg $MODEL/eta, $MODEL/gfs, $MODEL/ruc, etc that is
the default for the decoders I provide?

If everything is standard as I provide, then I can provide you
with a new 5.8.4 binary of Grap which you might want to try.
If the problem is directory structure, the same problems would persist.

Steve,
I saw on the gembud mail list that someone else was having similar problems to what we were experiencing here.

> Turns out we had downloaded a version of GEMPAK 5.8.3a that was prior
> to the Aug 10, 2005 release.  All garp bugs that I had found in the
> pre-release were fixed in the Aug 10, 2005 release.

So, I figured I had little to lose but some time I downloaded the 5.8.3a source code again and built the package. Vertical cross sections are now working along with all of the other model displays. I thought I had downloaded the current release previously but maybe I jumped the gun a little. I don't recall for sure but at least we have things working now. Thanks for the help.

--
Mark Tucker
Meteorology Dept. Systems Administrator
Lyndon State College
http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu
address@hidden
(802)-626-6328
begin:vcard
fn:Mark Tucker
n:Tucker;Mark
org:LSC;Meteorology
adr;dom:;;1001 College Rd.;Lyndonville;VT;05851
email;internet:address@hidden
title:Systems Administrator
tel;work:802-626-6328
tel;fax:802-626-9770