20051108: Gempak - GARP forecast soundings crash

David,

This "new" bug in model soundings is caused by gcc's handling of string
constants
when passed to a Fortran routine. The code hasn't changed in many years, but
now
gcc is having trouble. I have patched this routine for the upcoming 5.8.4
release
but you can update your current version as needed. It you want to patch the
source code,
I can send you the reference to our site where I posted the fix. If you are
running
a binary release, I can send you the new executable.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support