20051205: 20051205: snmap levels

Jimmy,

Yes, you can use SNLIST to show what your station lat/lon is for
each time in your file, which likely is the lat/lon of the last
MOB station location- since this upperair file is not a ship file.
Just try dattim = all and area = dset to see what ths SLAT and SLON are.
I suspect they are all the same. At any rate, you can use AREA=dset rather
than @MOB since you only have one station for the DATTIM=0017 time.

A unique station identifier like MOB0001, MOB0002, etc (or MOBhhnn
where hhnn would be the hour and minute of the day) is the best route,
such as is done with dropsones.

Steve Chiswell

> [...]

> s 700.3
>> even if they aren't in the data set. The data must be monotonic in order to
> interpolate.
>>
>> However, your problem appears to be that you are specifying a data area of "
> @MOB"
>> which means "use only data from Mobile, AL", but your GAREA is set to a regi
> on
>> around Illinois/Indiana, so you won't see Mobile, Al in your plot region.
>>
>> Steve Chiswell
>> Unidata User Support
>>

>>> From: address@hidden
>>
>>> Hi-
>>> I am trying to plot radiosonde positions using snmap. Howver the vertical
>>> coordinate, pressure, is listed in the file as say 700.3. When I try to
>>> use that as the level, nothing gets plotted. Is there a way to fix this?
>>>
>>> The result of using 700.3 as a level is:
>>>  GEMPAK-SNMAP>r
>>>  parms  =
>>>  stid
>>>  colors =
>>>  4
>>>  SNMAP PARAMETERS:
>>>
>>>  Data area:          @mob
>>>  Graphics area name: 37;-91;44;-84
>>>  Valid parameters:    STID
>>>  Parameter colors:     4
>>>  Time:              030531/0017
>>>  Level:                701
>>>  Vert coord:          PRES
>>>  File:              mob.gem
>>>  Map:               1
>>>  Title:             0
>>>  Device:            xw
>>>  Projection:        LCC
>>>  Clear screen:      NO
>>>  Filter:            NO
>>>  Filter factor:      0.00
>>>  Panel:             0
>>> Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:
>>>
>>> Next plot -- Time:     030531/0017
>>>  Level:       700   VCOORD:   PRES
>>> Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:
>>>  Parameters requested:
>>> AREA,GAREA,SATFIL,RADFIL,IMCBAR,SNPARM,DATTIM,LEVELS,
>>>
>>> VCOORD,SNFILE,COLORS,MAP,LATLON,TITLE,CLEAR,PANEL,DEVICE,PROJ,FILTER,TEXT,
>>>  LUTFIL,STNPLT.
>>>  GEMPAK-SNMAP>
>>>
>>> So the "next plot" thing appears as if it worked but nothing is displayed
>>> on the map. Any ideas on how I can work around this?
>>> Thanks
>>> jimmyc
>>>
>>> --
>>> James Correia Jr.
>>> Ph.D. Candidate in Agricultural Meteorology
>>> President of the ISU Graduate Meteorology Club
>>> Dept. of Agronomy, Iowa State University
>>> Email: address@hidden
>>> Phone: 515-294-5587
>>> Web: http://bruce.agron.iastate.edu/jimmyc/
>>> ISU GMC: http://www.stuorg.iastate.edu/gmc/
>>> "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
>>> -"Morpheus"
>>>
>>> "Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
>>> these. We must find the other three inside of us."