Re: 20051024: 20050801: 20041214: maximum number of files per directory

Steve,

I found that my NIDS/ABC/N0R directory with 1211 files worked fine
with MXNMFL set to 4096 in 5.8.3a.  However, my NIDS/BHX/NCR directory
has 1720 files in it and nmap2 still displays a blank window for the
"Dominant Source: IMAGE/RAD/NIDS/BHX/NCR" section of the Data
Selection Window.  However, my NIDS/ACG/NCR directory which
has 2321 files works fine again.... Oh, now I see that the BHX
directory is about 6 hours old.  Selecting an appropriate range does
give me times from which to choose.

Ok.  I think this will work.

By the way, I have a number of small changes to GEMPAK that allow file
names in excess of 72 characters.  Would like to see them for version
5.8.4?

David