Re: level-II mosaics

Gregg,

The mosaics I produce in GEMPAK are from level III data. I produce them
both as grids and images. Level II could be done, but
some sites (DOD/FAA) aren't available.

Ken Howard/Steve Vassilov and group at NSSL is producing
a level II mosaic in 2d and 3d for use with QPESUMS. They are doing
more processing to remove clutter, brightband freezing level and sun
attenuation etc. and have gridded volumes. I have aded the display of
these NetCDF grids to my GEMPAK release. We are hoping that they will
make the data available via IDD in the near future.

See:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Presentations/UPCsemseries/NMQ_UnidataPres_New.pdf

Other references
http://www.copernicus.org/erad/2004/online/ERAD04_P_105.pdf