20060103: Question about gdgrib

David,

A new feature since the old version of GEMPAK you have is the ability to
do grid interpolation on the fly. If you want to generate a CED grid
from your LCC grid, you can use GDDIAG and write the output to the
CED file (which gdgrib can create now, it the file doesn't exist).

Of course, you don't have to interpolate the grids first to use
the LCC grids in a caculation involving CED grids, but if thats the
way tou need to formulate your diagnostics, you can.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support