Gempak - Completely lost!!

Institution: CW
Package Version: N-AWIPS/GEMPAK 5.8.3a
Operating System: Fedora 3
Hardware Information: AMD Duron 2200, 256mb ram, 20gb drive
Inquiry: Hello,

For the first time ever I decided it was time to try out Linux on my desktop
pc. I`m running a dual boot setup with w98se. Everything is fine, apart from
Linux is taking some getting used to!!

Anyways, I wanted to installed Linux mainly so I could finally try out Gempak.
I`ve been wanting to do so for ages. I`m running a Fedora 3 version of linux.

The trouble is, I`m completely lost with installing Gempak. I don`t even know
what I should be downloading. Of course if this was a windows environment then
I would be fine with it!!

I feel dumb for asking this, but the installation guide has left my brain
numb!! Man, I really want to get Gempak installed and running too!!