[GEMPAK #ZHZ-625696]: Gempak - Theta-e in nsharp

>Sorry for all the emails, but we seem to be having never ending difficulties
>with the plotting of these soundings. I was able to plot our mobile data >in
>nsharp, but now there is a desire to plot theta-e as well. Is there a way to
>plot a theta-e sounding? I saw that snlist can calculate it, but I >can't get
>it to appear using either nsharp or snprof (in nsharp I can get a small inset
>window of theta-e vs. height, but was hoping that it could be >bigger). If
>not, would you happen to know what the vertical axes are in that small window?
>
>Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it very much.
>Luke

Luke,

The inset THTE is a profile from SFC-500MB (as per
$GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nsharp/xwvid5.c.

Since the only valid variables for a SKEW-T in snprof are TMPC and DWPC, to
plot other
parameters, you will want to change PTYPE to log.

Setting PTYPE=log, you can plot a THTE profile using SNPARM=thte, and defining
the XAXIS parameter accordingly
for your data range (in K).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support