Re: CONDUIT question and gpnexr2 stuff

Gerry,

Regarding the Level2, I'm assuming your meant KFWS. Using tilt=list
is only showing a single level, which probably means that
the RSL library isn't processing something in the file.
I'll take a look and see what I can track down in that code and send
you an email when I have that information. Unidata has a seminar series
event today which will preemt my availability this afternoon but I
should have some information by tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

As for CONDUIT, the 215 (20km) and 212 (40km) are the same areal
coverage of the domain, so if the 212 isn't sufficient, neither would
the 215 (or the 218 12km 3-D pressure grids which we stated was our
planned replacement of the 215 surface grids).

The 32km grid is what I believe is called the "master sector" which is
a different areal coverage than the "awips" 211, 212, 215, 218. At
present, the 104 grid (90km) is the grid which gives the larger than
awips coverage, which won't meet your 32km needs. The GFS .5 degree
similarly wouldn't either. Can you provide the domain requirements
your project requires?

We can certainly entertain replacing the 104 with a higher resolution
data set, or adding other data sets- but as discussed at the C2 meeting,
the current moratorium at NWS makes it impossible to change either the
data stream contents of CONDUIT or the hardware (either NWS supplied
or Unidata supplied). Given adequate hardware and networking, the LDM
should have resources to burn in delivering data, so we are in a
mode of planning what can be done when the NWS finishes the transition
away from their current AFS network. We will address the action items
related data stream contents and hardware suitability as possible.

I'll pass along your suggestion to Linda Miller regarding CONDUIT as
well.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support