[GEMPAK #FYW-889767]: Help with using dcgrib2 to decode AMPS model output

Robert,

I suspect that the problem you have is that since the central longitude of the
grid is
on the date line, the decoder is missinterpreing the direction that the grid
goes around the dateline.

The routine that would be used is $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/gb/gbpolr.c

I found a similar problem  with the LCC case where the code tries to add 360 to
the longitude when it extends across 180
for the particular case when the central longitude was outside the grid.
Can you provide one of your gribs?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FYW-889767