[GEMPAK #GVP-532853]: gempak gdcross error (no space left on device)

Steven,

Sounds like you need to run "cleanup -c" as the user that
has been running the script to clean out the message queues
on your system,

When you run an interactive GEMPAK program, it will initiate a "gplt" process,
and if requested, a device driver, such as "xw", "gf", etc. and
connectr those processes to a message queue for communication with each
other.

If your script fails to run the "gpend" command before exiting, those
processes and message queues are left on the system. Ensure that
you script does run gpend before exiting. Also, if your script
had unexpectedly crashed before getting to run gpend, that
would lead to the problem.

You can monitor your message queue usage with the unix commane "ipcs".
If you have a large number, then you can clean them up with the "cleanup"
script as mentioned above. For more information see:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/administration2.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: GVP-532853