[GEMPAK #TAU-445065]: Gempak5.9.1

> Good morning:
>
> We downloaded Gempak5.9.1 Wednesday and have had problems getting it to run.
> We downloaded the binary files, so I skipped the "Build and Install the
> Package..." section. We created a symbolic link to make it run in the same
> directories as when we used the older version of Gempak (our top level
> directory is /usr/local/gempak).
>
> It appears that GEMTBL function needs to be re-defined. When I type
> /usr/local/gempak/ldm/etc/gen_pqact.csh it tells me to
>
> set GEMPAK environmental variable before running script.
>
> Help?!!?
>
> Al Perkins

Al,

You must configure the Gemenviron file (for csh environment) or
Gemenviron.profile (for bash, ksh, sh)
and define the NAWIPS location, and then you must source the environmental
variables into your shell
environment (typically through "source $NAWIPS/Gemenviron" for csh or ".
$NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile"
for bash/ksh/sh). That will define GEMTBL and all the Gempak environmental
variables in order
to run Gempak programs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support