Re: displaying archived QSCAT data in gpmap

Hi Steve,

These are the BUFR files that we get in real time here at TPC. Displaying them in NMAP is no problem, but I'd like the flexibility of plotting the data in gpmap. I can get the real time data to plot (QSCT or QSCT_HI) but I can't figure out how to point gpmap to the archived data rather than the real time datastream.

-Mike

Dr. Michael J. Brennan
UCAR Visiting Scientist
NWS Tropical Prediction Center
Email: address@hidden
Phone: (305) 229-4439

Steve Chiswell wrote:
Michael,

What format is your archived data in?

The data in the NOAAPORT distribution is in BUFR, which can be plotted in gpmap using the QBUF identifier as shown at the bottom of:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/QuikSCAT/

the QSCT, QSCT_HI, AMBG1, AMBG2, AMBG3, AMBG4 types are used for
the NESDIS format Quikscat files. This is not the same format as you
would see on the JPL site though.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support