Re: 20060607: color tables in gdcntr

Megan,

The $GEMTBL/luts directory files have a completely different format
than the $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.xwp file so you cannot just copy that.
Also, you can only have 32 entries in the coltbl.xwp (eg, you can
only define colr indicies 1 through 32 in the COLORS parameters.

The file $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.ptype is an example of an alternative
color table where you can copy that to your working directory named
coltbl.xwp and have ranges of colors for Rain, Snow, ice and
other graphics.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support