20060608: GEMPAK file into NSHARP

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:19, address@hidden wrote:
> Gembuds,
>
> I am working down at Cape Canaveral over the summer and one of my
> colleagues down here posed this problem:
>
> "        We have NSHARP (Version 4.0) on our UNIX/LINUX system.
>
>          I have been trying to get NSHARP to open text files that were
> successfully ingested by GEMPAK.
>
>          The text files were created from FSL formatted RAOBs and fed to
> GEMPAK for interpolation to 25 mb intervals. No problems there.
>
>          However, NSHARP does not recognize the text files that GEMPAK
> happily processed!"

Jim,

Are you trying to read GEMPAK format files in NSHARP, or the ascii
format files you had created?

If you have comverted your RAOB files to GEMPAK format files, then you
should be able to open the files through the
"Load" --> "Observed Soundings" --> "Browse" menu.

If this is not thecase, please provide me with one of the data files in
question.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport