[GEMPAK #PKQ-404843]: GEMPAK - NMAP2 crashes upon start-up

> Institution: SJSU
> Package Version: 5.9.2
> Operating System: Linux FC4 , kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> Hardware Information: PC
> Inquiry: Hi Steve,
> I installed the binary version of Gempak like I always do on these lab
> machines. Everything seems to work except NMAP2. It crashes upon startup
> leaving the attached info in my terminal window.
>
> Other particulars on the system:
> gcc-4.0.0-8
> libgcc-4.0.0-8
>
> Please let me know if there is other info on the system you would like to see.
>
> Cheers,
> -Mike

Mike,

Your error messages indicate your Gemenviron file has $NAWIPS pointing to a
GEMPAK 5.6 directory tree:
Resource File:  /usr/local/gempak/gempak5.6/resource/Ntop
graphic, satellite, radar, fax -- 33 95 20 2
 Invoke ... /usr/local/gempak/gempak5.6/os/linux/bin/nmap2

Since the tarfile will unpack into a GEMPAK5.9.2 tree, either your
sourcing of Gemenviron isn't getting the correct location, or you have modified
the tree name.

Since many of the NMAP2 tables would be quite different between 5.6 and 5.9.2,
that would be the first place to look. Verify that your GEMPAK5.9.2/Gemenvion
file has the correct NAWIPS location, and your shell environment is sourcing
the current 5.9.2 Gemenviron.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: PKQ-404843