[GEMPAK #HRA-565908]: Ruc236 grid in Gempak

> Steve,
>
> Yes, I was storing a whole days analyses into one file, but have managed
> to make it work using one analysis per file.  What I was doing, and I
> thought I had this working, was putting each hour into the file.  So the
> file is named, for instance, 2004122600_ruc236.gem, and the datatype.tbl
> configuration is YYYYMMDDHH_ruc236.gem with SCAT_FCT or SCAT_ANL -- both
> of which produce only the hour 23 in the garp menu.  gdinfo finds all of
> the fields.  I tried using the rsas template, for a file
> 20040301_rsas.gem, leaving the rsas template as is, with SCAT_ANL, but
> this again only shows the hour 23 in the menu.  So maybe I just need to
> make each hour a separate file? I did do this for one of my cases as a
> work around, but maybe that's the way it should be?  Since I have the
> grib files, it is easy enough to do this.
>
> Frank

Frank,

If you are storing a whoe days worth of data in a file named YYYYMMDD_rsas.gem,
you will have top create a $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl entry for RSAS as
RSAS         $MODEL/ruc                YYYYMMDD_rsas.gem.....etc....
SCAT_ANL.....

This assumes that your files are under $MODEL/ruc

In Garp_defaults, the modelkey RSAS will use the datatype.tbl template.
You want to avoid trying to use the old Garp type of string name matching
where you can only have 1 grid directory and name convention.

The problem with naming daily files using HH is that they are assumed
to only have 1 hours worth of data in them.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: HRA-565908
Department: Support GEMPAK