[GEMPAK #AVC-826890]: Timeline for new versions

Brendon,

I have 5.9.3 just about ready...but will wait until the end of the User Comm
workshop next week to announce the release (I'll probably put out  the tarfiles
in the middle of next week to prepare all the web pages etc).

5.9.4 will be available around October for the GEMPAK workshop.

The primary think in 5.9.2 is the update of the Level II radar routine to
correctly handle the ORDA deployment. If you don't look at Level II data
in GEMPAK, and don't need the other features, then upgrading is not
critical. If you use Level II radar data with older versions,
you will see problems as your favorite station converts (see map below for NWS
schedule):
http://www.orda.roc.noaa.gov/deployment/schedule_map/ASPschedule/ASPschedule.asp?menu_name=schedule

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Steve,
>
> I went to download 5.9.2 and notice the list of changes refers to both
> 5.9.3 and 5.9.4.  Can you provide an approximate timeline of when these
> will be released?  If it is within the next few months, then I might
> hold off on putting in 5.9.2 and go straight to one of these instead.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
>
> --
> Brendon Hoch